Summer GameJam Checklist
The big day is tomorrow, yes – TOMORROW, and I wanted to make sure everyone coming to the Stl Summer Gamejam shows up ready to rock and roll. With that in mind I present to you a GameJam checklist. Make sure you tick these boxes to ensure a smooth jam, because GamePreserves just aren’t cool.
- Personal Computer / Laptop
- Laptops are easiest and recommended. If you bring a PC you will need ALL your peripherals. This means monitor, keyboard, mouse, headphones, etc.
- There will be NO WIRED ACCESS to the Internet, so make sure your computer has a wireless card.
- Powerstrips aren’t mandatory, but make things easier.
- USB Stick/Key
- Saves time and countless headaches. They are cheap, even a small one will do.
- Food Money
- Basic drinks are being provided by our generous host, Simutronics, but actual food will have to come from one of the many eateries surrounding the GameJam location. There’s a plethora of food choices, but all share one thing in common, they’re not free.
- Tools / Programs
- Make sure you’ve got all the programs and tools you need for the jam installed and ready to go on whatever computer you’re bringing with you. Also make sure you’re familiar with them and not trying to learn something new there, protip – won’t work!
- Be sure to check out the tools on our FAQ page just in case, it’s not a bad idea to have some software someone else might need to use, or to do some quick changes and save someone’s time. You can also download them tonight and try to take a crash course.
- Know the Hours
- The Gamejam Hours are:
- 5PM-10PM Friday
- 10AM-10PM Sat
- 10AM-6PM Sun (Games are turned in at 4PM)
- The doors aren’t getting locked at 10PM on the dot, but don’t plan on sleeping over.
- Because not finding it and getting totally lost isn’t fun.
That’s about it for the list. Hope everyone gets plenty of sleep tonight and I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow!